Since my father is home, I have an extra pair of hands to help repair the garage door.
First, we replaced the beam that support one of the rails. I guess the wire got caught against something and rip apart the wooden beam.
Here's a picture of what it looks like after we replaced the beam.
We didn't have any clamps for the wires so we looped it around itself. That's not a big deal as long as the safety cable was secured, which it has not.
I pressed the opener to see if the door will now open but the chain wouldn't move. We removed the garage opener cover discovered two broken pieces. Those pieces held the casing for the gears together. I didn't feel like buying a new garage opener when it's not on sale so we used 2 metal wires to tie them back together. To our surprise, it works! Sure the machine makes an uncomfortable noise when you use it, but this gives me time to shop for a new opener.